• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need a quick answer, front drive shaft question

Demonoid369

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
How do i take the yoke off the drive shaft?
So I was able to get a front drive shaft from a buddy and I want to get put it in but the yoke side has the grease fitting either stripped or wallowed so I was thinking about putting my old drive shaft yoke on the one I just got, question is how do I take the yoke off?

Learned it can pop right off lol but my moms boyfriend brought up a good question, each yoke has a different kind of weight on them, if I swap one yoke on to another, am I going to throw a driveshaft of balance?

most of my shafts have the balance weights on the tube. Check yours ... if there is no weight on the yoke swap it out, but ensure the ujoints are still in phase. you may still end up with a balance issue. But if it's just the grease zerk that's wallowed out then just replace the dust seal (the cap the zerk was in).

Back