• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

control arm and shock ?

skunkapeoffroad

NAXJA Forum User
Hi guys im new to the forum not new to Jeeps I have a quick question. I found a good deal on 3 inch coils lower control arms and shocks for a 3 inch lift my question is if the control arms and shocks will work with 4.5 to 5 inches of total lift thanks a lot

Define "Work". Just about anything will "work" depending on how we define work. What is your intended purpose of the rig?

control arms will probably be ok. You control arm angles will be steeper at 4.5" than 3" with the arms, so itll "work", just not flex as much before wanting to bring the tire under the rig and wont ride as nice on road.

Shocks could run into an issue, depending on if you actually wheel it. a 3" lift shock with a 4.5" coil means youre basically loosing around 1.5" of down travel and gaining an extra inch of up travel, so more than likely the shocks wont "work" for long since youll be over extending them more often than not, although if you dont cut your shock mounts above your control , your lowers will probably hit the mounts at that point. If you just want to drive it down the road, it will probably "work" for that for a while.

It will be my commuter to work about 5 miles and a mild Wheeler on the weekends nothing crazy for now until I get a separate car for daily travel I decided against the shocks and worked out a deal for the coils and control arms thanks

Back