• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SYE/ lift question

Weldingwizard11193

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, I'm new here and have a quick question, an I don't want a " use the search bar" answer please. I have a 97 xj that I'm lifting using the rc 4.5 x series lift, it is a toy and will not be driven as a dd often, can I get away with running a 2" tc drop and some shims? Thanks

Ok, I'm new here and have a quick question, an I don't want a " use the search bar" answer please. I have a 97 xj that I'm lifting using the rc 4.5 x series lift, it is a toy and will not be driven as a dd often, can I get away with running a 2" tc drop and some shims? Thanks

A DIY TC drop and a set of shims is fairly inexpensive so if you want, give it a try and see if the vibs are not too bad. Most likely it will still have significant vibes, especially at higher speeds.
I have never seen a 2" TC drop, most are in the 1" range. Be careful you do not screw up the TC linkage if running it dropped 2", since one end of the linkage is bolted to the chassis.

Back