• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

88 XJ Wiring diagrams????

Okay Fellas, I know i was a bit vague with my post... So, this is the deal. I have been having an intermittent no spark concern with the Renix. Who would have thought right? All ignition components are new except B+ to starter and Distributer. She crank all day but i cant get spark from the coil. Thinking its wiring related.

KOEO
ICM- GN/WH- .5v BK- MV good ground Yellow (power) 12v.

So what i'm trying to figure out is what all inputs are needed by the ECM before it will send the signal to fire the coil?

Also, i know this isn't right, however i'm not sure if ECM needs MAP to send signal.

MAP- KOEO
A (ground)-2.89v
B (signal)2.93v
C (power) 7.92v

Anything you guys can tell me would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks to both of you for the information given thus far!

CPS puts out between .4 and .7 Volts A/C. Will try the contact refresh now. Do you by chance know What all inputs can cause this condition?

Again Thank you!

CPS puts out between .4 and .7 Volts A/C. Will try the contact refresh now. Do you by chance know What all inputs can cause this condition?

Again Thank you!

CPS. It runs through the C101 connector that is described in post #2. It seems you are handy enough to bypass the C101 with the CPS wires? Solder and shrink tube. Clean the C101 anyway and see what happens.

Read #1 and see how many components ground to the engine dipstick tube stud.

Well the ICU/Coil wasn't it, However i did find that one of those pins was on only one side of the contact points, Got that taken care of. Also, i already bypassed the c101 for CPS last time she gave me a Crank/No start concern.

Also when i said there was 2.89 or whatever volts on my MAP sensor ground. I was reading through your post about the splices. Measured at ECM Sesnor Ground and found a little over 3 volts there as well.

Okay going to go clean in up. If you thin of anything else let me know. Also, I do apologize, I made a stupid mistake while measuring sensor ground i had the connector unplugged. It did read MV.

THERE IS ONLY ONE SENSOR THAT CAN KILL A RENIX.

Test the crank position sensor with an ohm meter. If it is within specs move on to the coil/ignition control module.

Update, I found the problem... Although i'm still not entirely sure what it goes to, I had an open ground wire. Barely hanging on. Anyways, cut, solder, shrink tubed it. She's good to go now. Still having issues with the MAP though. Keeps stalling on me at WOT. I'll figure that out next though. Thanks for the help everyone.

Back