• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

88 xj no ac after heater core replacement.

e6ugggg

NAXJA Forum User
i was able to replace the bad heater core without unhooking the ac lines, was a PITA, but i got it installed and everything put back in place But now my ac clutch wont engage. i tried jumping the low pressure switch and nothing happened. as of now it is pouring rain so i can't mess with it till the rain clears up.

what should i check for? fuse, relay, anything under/or behind the dash that might have accidentally been unhooked? i had the ac converted and recharged just a few month ago and they added a green dye. i did not see, hear, or smell any leaks during the heater core job.

Thanks for any help.

i replaced the ac clutch relay and still not working i just don't understand. the ac worked great before the heater core job! my test light is showing power at the low pressure switch. This really has me stumped! what is the chance of the ac compressor going bad the same time the heater core decides to fail?
i could really use some help from the pros on this one. Is there anything behind the dash that i might have accidentally disconnected that would cause the ac clutch to not engage?

i replaced the ac clutch relay and still not working i just don't understand. the ac worked great before the heater core job! my test light is showing power at the low pressure switch. This really has me stumped! what is the chance of the ac compressor going bad the same time the heater core decides to fail?
i could really use some help from the pros on this one. Is there anything behind the dash that i might have accidentally disconnected that would cause the ac clutch to not engage?

yes. the condenser temp switch. it is attached to the HVAC box, above the pass foot area. kinda behind the catch tray below the glove box

Back