• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

+1 for Brown Dog Ultra-Flex Rubber

yossarian19

NAXJA Forum User
My exhaust was getting banged around by my front drive shaft at higher corner speeds, so I figured it was probably time for motor mounts.
I have to say that I've never seen an after market part so well made, wrapped or shipped. Communication was above and beyond. Truly a first-class vendor.
I'd even say Brown Dog mounts fit better than anything aftermarket that I've yet purchased, Jeep or otherwise.
Torqued the through-bolts too tight the first time. Vibes were harsh.
Got washers & M12x1.5 nylock nuts on there, tightened as directed...
I wouldn't say they are harsh but the Ultra Flex Rubber motor mounts have a lot less rubber in them than OEM and it shows. I can feel more vibration in the Jeep in drive & foot on the brake, no mistaking it. By 1200 RPM, in motion, I can't tell the difference any more.
Also - and this is hard to quantify or even describe - the whole jeep feels more solid. When I hit the gas taking off from a red light, it feels decisive. Cornering feels improved, though that almost has to be placebo (right?). Except for in gear & stopped, the Jeep feels better than it has since I bought it.
Overall, I'm impressed with the quality & wouldn't recommend anyone / anything else for motor mounts UNLESS there was a great deal to be had on Mopar OE. As for after market vendors - they get no better than Brown Dog.

I will x2 this.

I had a set on the last XJ and will have a set on the current on when I'm ready for them. Quality product and excellent service!

I've got a set on the way that should arrive any day now.

I agree with the communications.... Constant status update via email, from start to finish. I was really blown away on how well informed I was kept...

Great vendor to deal with by all means!

The rubber will break-in and be less harsh. I have the MORE BombProofs, also a great product. These are the two options for MMs(that I know of) that we should recommend(unless yall like to keep cracking the cheap-@$$ unsupported triangles).

Been running mine for a couple years now, still look great under the layer of dirt!

My browndog brackets and rubber mounts are great. Just last week on rubicon sierrafest, we had passenger side eng mount bracket tear off block. 2 ratchet straps over each fenders got him home.
So glad I put my brownDogs mounts in before sierrafest. Highly recommended.

Installed rubber MORE mounts in my '98 XJ almost 13 years and the vibrations would cause the front bumper to vibrate..... After 13 years the rubber has softened, the vibrations have decreased and the mounts have provided great performance.

Back