• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Spark Plugs- What are you using?

CobraMarty

NAXJA Forum User
I've searched and read many threads here and other sites about 'What Spark Plugs'.
There seems to be a lot of debate about which is 'best'. Some of the choices seem to have to do with what year motor- renix, OBD2, 2000+ COP, stroker, supercharged, etc.

What do you use?
Not only just what brand, but What is the plug number and what is your engine.

NGK 7373.

1990 4.0

champion RC9YC, stock renix plug, only way I could keep my 95 passing every time.

not sure what to throw in my 2000 now that the 95 is gone, but i'm due for a tuneup soon.

Same as FR5. Different numbering system?

FR5 is NGK's part number, 7373 is the stock number everyone else uses.

champion RC9YC, stock renix plug, only way I could keep my 95 passing every time.

not sure what to throw in my 2000 now that the 95 is gone, but i'm due for a tuneup soon.

FR5 is NGK's part number, 7373 is the stock number everyone else uses.

Chrysler recommended a change to the NGK plugs in the 4.0 for 2000-2001.

Bosche Platinums have been in my '98 for over 80k, Dad ran them in his Renix XJ's too. Not sure about my Sister's Briarwood, those were either stock Champions or Bosche Platinum, I ca't remember if Dad ever changed the plugs in it.

It takes real guts to admit that you run Bosch Platinums in the 4.0. I no longer even bother....(although I guess I just did).

Back