• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

frontend

I had the chance to pick up a Venezuelan export XJ from a surplus sale at their consulate in Germany. It had a front 44, but my guess is they are really rare.

I'm sure somebody makes a swap from a later model vehicle (TJ maybe?). But is it really cost effective? Most guys beef up their D 30.

Trying to make a bullet proof XJ is often a lifelong project and many times the next piece in the drivetrain fails (U-joints etc.) after you install one heavy duty component. Th D 30 isn't necessarily the weakest link, besides an occasion set of carrier or pinion bearings (after 150,000 miles or so), I've never had much trouble out of one.

I want to put in a Dana 44 in the frontend of my 89 XJ, is there a bolt in one out there. I.E. junk yard or from a other vechical.
94-01 Dodge Ram 1500, 100% completley bolt in.

Currie Enterprises out of Anaheim will make you one. Or, a 2003-2006 Wrangler Rubicon front end will take your OEM steering knuckles and outer axle shafts and brakes and wheel bearings.

Back