• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fuel line connector help needed

Nimrod

Degenerate Jeeper
NAXJA Member
image_zps07af20c7.jpeg

This is frustrating as hell. I hope the image shows up on this post. I had to hand type the URL for the image due to technical issues.

I need to disconnect the fuel line where it connects into that doohicky that feeds the individual fuel injectors. Doohicky may not be the exact technical term.

The connector has a metal clip that obviously is for electrical grounding across the connector. So there must be o rings or something of that sort that I cannot see. It is located right at the front of the intake manifold. It looks like it should just slip apart, but I've pulled pretty hard without result and am reluctant to take a vice grip to it without knowing what the consequences will be. I should mention I am working on a '99 with a 4.0 straight six.

Any tips would be hugely appreciated.

I see the image didn't post. I give up on that. I've been stymied for an hour just trying to post an effing picture because I'm working away from home, away from my computer, and dealing with someone else's iPad. I can't spend any more time on it. So I hope my description was clear enough.

Again, thanks if you can help.

According to my own experience AND the FSM, the O-rings need to be replaced each time you disconnect the line(s). There is a small black spacer that fits between the two O-rings. I tried to find the spacers...I couldn't, without spending $7 for each connector (yes, I'm that cheap). When I could buy the nitrile/buna-n fuel rated O-rings for 14 cents (56 cents total) I had a real problem with the $14 price tag for both connectors. That's $13.44 for two tiny plastic spacers.

Since I got my fuel rail, almost new, at the JY for $5, I made sure I snagged the spacers as well. The spacer is hard plastic, 5/16" round and about 1/16" wide, but it's an integral part of the connector...so, toss the old O-rings but SAVE the little black spacer and it'll go back together leak free.

Back