• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2000 xj junk yard fan

DimaXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I need new fans for my 2000 (electric fans stock), was wondering if the same fans were available stock in anything other than the late xjs.

Is this the infamous Ford fan? Came from a 94 Lincoln Mark viii.
There 20 bucks a piece here for any single fan. I can't seem to find any numbers on it.

a8ajuge6.jpg

This one says 8c607 but it's only an 8 blade, thought it was supposed to be 9

y3ebahu4.jpg

I guess I'm looking for an f4dz 8c607? Can anyone confirm any of this?

I need new fans for my 2000 (electric fans stock), was wondering if the same fans were available stock in anything other than the late xjs.

All XJs only had 1 electric fan from the factory.
To my knowledge, only XJs had that size and shape fan.

Any OEM Fan will fit any XJ '87 through '01, just the connectors are different.

'97 and up got the sycle fans which were supposedly quieter and more efficient. But ANY XJ fan will work in it's place.

Going with Ford fan now, the ones that were in there were from an intrepid. At a junk yard now just trying to figure out which fan exactly it is. Pretty much all of them end in 8c607. Got a 94 3.8 saddle in front of me now, but it looks a little rough.

that's the one you want.
as a side note, the 97-up 10 blade xj fan pulls much more air than the 87-95 versions. some of the 96's have an 8 blade fan that's not really an upgrade on the earlier xj's.

Back