• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How much should I pay for this '89 MJ?

Pirate Jeeper

NAXJA Forum User
I am looking at this clean 1989 Comanche and not sure what would be a fair price, since I don't know much about them. Here are the specs:

4x4, 4.0L, 5-speed
stock
new tires and rims
new water pump, alternator, belts and hoses
original paint, interior & exterior very clean

Asking price is $3500

Same vehicle up this way, is a $1500-2000 truck

My 88 2wd with 132,000miles (211,000km's) was $1800 asking and I paid $950. would've been ~$12-1500 if 4x4

Those are cdn prices.

Wow. I thinks that's expensive. I also think 1500 is fair if its really clean. But if it is your dream rig and has eberything you want... then it just depends whether or not your willing to pay the price to be satisfied

If it's a short bed then you're lucky they aren't asking more.

A picture would help but for example this truck sold for 4k and it was an auto.

2011-12-20_07-34-29_270.jpg

I believe they overpaid but if the truck would have been 4wd I would have gladly paid 3500 for it's condition.

Usually stuff is pretty fair down here but MJs in good shape go for a premium unless you get lucky and find a little old lady trying to get rid of one.

It all depends on condition really. There was one around here that was MINT, They had it at the shop across from my work. 60k original miles, base package 4.0, auto, 4x4, short bed, and I watched it sell on ebay for around $9000 :eek:

I would deduct from the price some because it has the "puke-goat" tranny, if it has the D-turdy 5, deduct some more. Look for rust under the carpets and on the frame at the rear of the cab.

If it were a floor shift AW4, had the D-44, I would give 3000-3500 for it.

There is a 88 LWB 4x4, 5spd with new paint down the street and the idiot wants $11,500 for it:doh: Its a 5k truck at best.

We paid $250 for ours when we got it. It would not run but I put a new fuel pump in it in the yard it was sitting in and drove it home. I bought it from a fellow Jeeper that had lost interest in it.

The day I drove it home;
0605112004.jpg

Last edited:
Back