• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Blower motor always running

bjanzen

NAXJA Forum User
Hi guys. I have a 91 limited, and ever since it overheated, nothing's been quite right. Maybe I made a bit of a mess when I pulled off the drivers kick panel, hood cable handle broke off. Here's the problem: the blower motor is always running, doesn't matter what speed it's set to or what vents. The only way to get it to stop is flick the high beams on, and the fan turns off BUT the rear wiper is always going. Does the sound like a common ground or something from the driver kick panel? Any help is appreciated! Also I have no tach either.happened the same night. The needle will jump to about 1000rpm when you move the heater vent switch.

I'd really like to help you out, but all I got is, you have a Jeep jinx or the Jeep Gods really hate you.:looney:

Seriously there is a major ground behind that kick panel, it is hard to see /roughly in the center. Double check that when you put the screws back in the kick panel you didn't put a screw through a harness. And if you spewed coolant everywhere you have to clean it up, coolant conducts electricity almost as good as copper wire does, no telling what is going to happen if the wiring and connectors or the PDC get covered in coolant. A coolant soaked alternator will burn out in short order.

Last edited:
Thanks for the response! There is one black wire dangling behind the kick panel, you'd think that means ground, but i grounded it and nothing changed. It comes from from the steering column with a black/white wire. I've been throwing the idea around for a while that maybe the jeep gods really do hate me!! Oh how i pray for an obd2 one day.

I've had to disconnect all my harness connectors, dip them in a cup of really hot water (slosh them around a bit), blow them out with air and then spray them out with contact cleaner. I Put a branch through my radiator and spewed coolant everywhere.

I do remember most every time it would rain, my windshield wipers would turn themselves on. I also remember having to replace my alternator, it had a melt down.

Best guess is you have a short, a ground issue or both and coolant may be the reason for most of it. A toss up between a ground issue and a coolant in a connector issue as the two top suspects. The bundle of connectors (headlights) under the air box are worth a look see.

Last edited:
Back