• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Quick question about exhaust gakset

Vanquish

NAXJA Forum User
Im going to be doing my oil pan gasket on Monday. I'm trying to gather all the parts I need before I start, and without having to rely on parts guys.

The quick question is, does anyone know what the gasket I will need it? its the gaket between the exhaust manifold and the down pipe. I know it only has two bolts but all the gaskets I find on the net, have 3.

Could someone please show me what i'm looking for, or point me in the right direction? I'm not sure if its going to be a flat gasket, or a donut.

ps. 2000 XJ Classic :)

Well, IF you have a 4.0 and there are only two bolts, then we can ASS-U-ME you don't have what we call "50 states" emission system.

That means you will use a doughnut.

There is a FOUR BOLT gasket for the downpipe to cat; a three bolt gasket for the CALI "50 state" emission setup, and a doughnut for the "49 state" setup.

The doughnut at NAPA is FPG 60836, same at rockauto.com

I love you :) :heart:

Im up in Canada, and my odometer is metric, so I can only assume the trucks been here its whole life :piratefla

Thank you

Back