• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

needed: rear axle for mj

fulltimer

NAXJA Forum User
truck is an 89 commanche, blew up the rear axle , dana 35, imagine that! looking to replace it with another 35, dana44, or chry 8 1/4 " this truck is running 3.54 gears lets see what Ill., Iowa or Wisc. has to offer.

Agreed... cut the perches off, get a good set of 2.5" wide 3" tube SUA perches from ruffstuff and weld em onto an 8.25. That's what I have in my jeep, works great.

right, I know what to do , just trying to find one. the jy here wants 250 for the one they have, not paying that to him, would rather find one on here, cause like you said they are a dime a dozen,

yikes! 250 is stupid high.

You are in IL, check into the MWC Classifieds. Also drop into the Important thread, some guy was just asking how much he should ask for an 8.25.

Generally speaking they seem to go for 50-100 maybe a bit more for desirable gears in the MWC and NAC.

Yep, 29 spline 8.25. I have one in mine. I got it for free locally from another XJ'er that was upgrading

0711111901.jpg

1207120744.jpg

I did the 29 8.25 then did the KJ disc swap and love it. The only problem with the 8.8 is you need to run spacers on it for our trucks

I was gonna use my spare 8.25 ... but it's 4.56 geared and a little overkill for stock tires.

Back