• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Toured HOOD RIVER TRAILS

hidesintrees

NAXJA Forum User
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/...125.1073741824.1453350114&type=1&l=a37e03bbed

^^gallery

Went and checked out the trails in Hood River this weekend. They are at the Kingsley Reservoir staging area, nice place that reminds me of a mini hoodoo/big lake set up. Those of you that have ran crushers- these trails remind me of the lower entrance trail in dificulty. nothing crazy but still fun to drive. Some spots have obstacles that will break in and become more exciting. The Trails are pretty long in distance, not like browns camp where you cross a gravel road every half mile.

Really scenic area, would recommend checking it out!

Cool thing is the FS has told us the more interest we get in the area for class 2 offroading the more they will allow us to build and expand the 4x4 trail network. the land definitely has potential too.

-Kit

Awesome pictures! I know some guys who like to go up around there, it's on my list once I get back on the road.

WOA!!!!
Sweetness!
That's basically in my backyard! - Good to know, I am DEFINITELY going to go check this out.
Thanks for the pics.....
(quick question - are there any trail maps available?)

Yes on trail maps but these trails are so new that they arent all on the map. 197 is the start of the 4x4 trails though and that is easy to find. The trail basically makes a big loop around the reservoir so your not going to get lost. Cell service is spotty but it is there most of the trail.

Will do for sure!

Hmmm.... that's the weekend right after the Noob Run, i dunno..... We'll see.
Might have to wait until August.

yea i know but right now the 28th is the only free day i have for awhile. im trying not to book anything for aug after our event on the 11th with the baby coming. how about the first or second weekend in september?

Going to the Rubicon first week in Sept.....
Second week, well .... I may be licking my wounds. lol

final offer...first weekend in october ;)

unless you want to try to go up on 9/15 the day after the no roads required show. it is only about 30-40min from our houses so we could go up early and play for the day and be back in time for your podcast. we also dont have to go together but i think your at most of the stuff were at so most weekends are already booked up for awhile

Back