• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Affordable Source for 97+ license plate trim

IslanderOffRoad

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
So when I bought my 98, the rear trim piece above the plate was busted from hail. Had a big chunk out of it. I did a lot of searching, and was told that the junkyard was the best bet, as finding these from a dealer was a $100+ proposition, if they had one at all.

After finding most of the ones at the yard to be in similar shape to mine, I went back to looking for a new OEM one. After checking multiple Jeep sites, I got the part number and found it for $110 bucks on a site they recommended... then I cross referenced it on a site I've used for OEM Jeep parts before.

The "official" name of this part is a License Plate Lamp Cover. Part number is 5FL86ZZZ. Price was 21.17, and about 15 bucks for shipping.. about the same as used ones are going for.

It is black, so if youv'e got the grey trim it won't match, but hey, your grey trim is faded anyway. You could paint this body color, or paint your flares and bumpers to match.

Hope this helps some of you out.

That's not what I'm talking about though ;)

The "official" name of this part is a License Plate Lamp Cover. Part number is 5FL86ZZZ. Price [from OEM/dealer] was 21.17, and about 15 bucks for shipping.. about the same as used ones are going for.
Thank you for the heads-up. This is the second item I have learned is cheaper at the dealer than at the junkyard -- the first being the vacuum reservoir for 97-01 Cherokees.

Back