• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trail Schedule

TORX

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Anyone else have an idea of what trails they want to run?

TORX's Tentative Plan-

Wednesday: (Afternoon Run) Kaner to Lilly Pond
Thursday: (0900) Mud Springs / Little Bald Mt, (2000) night run to Ravens
Friday: (0800) Kaner, Manastash Ridge, Shoestring, Tripod, Buck Meadows, etc (long day)
Saturday: (0900) Lilly Pond to Moon Rocks, Funny Rocks

Anyone is welcome to join me. All I ask is that you are ready to go in the mornings, and your junk is reliable. If you have any questions, feel free to come track me down in camp. I'm really looking forward to some awesome wheeling, and relaxing times on the trail with good company.

Picture087Large.jpg

Does anyone else know the area, or wouldn't mind leading a group?

I plan to get to camp about 9:30 or 10pm thur night.
get up in the morning and wold like to do milder to light trails. Sat I won't be leaving camp if we don't get going early.

So hopefully fri we can get a light to mild trail group going.

ill be up bright and early sat morn to run with the TORX group. If theyll have me.

Is there a way to run Kaner flats and aardvark hill on the way back down from the funny rocks or is it in a totally different spot?

ill be up bright and early sat morn to run with the TORX group. If theyll have me.

Is there a way to run Kaner flats and aardvark hill on the way back down from the funny rocks or is it in a totally different spot?
To get to Aardvark you would need to either cut over the ridge via Tripod Flats or run Lilly Pond over to Kaner. Both are totally doable, but add a considerable amount of mileage to the day. We can play it by ear. I get kind of bored at the rocks so we could cut out early for some more trail time. I've actually never ran Kaner down before.

I agree the rocks are fun for an hour or so, if theres lots of people its cool to watch. Last year i broke my first axle shaft at the funny rocks, then three wheel driving it out lost the other shaft on a loose rock uphill climb on the way back, i think that was the shoestring. After that trip i upgraded to chromolys and now have extra shafts.

Whatever you guys want to do I am down with, I wish I could make it up there all 3 days but thats just not in the cards.

Back