• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

installing brake controller/cooler

tradbows1

NAXJA Forum User
Just picked up my 95 XJ Country. Need to install a brake controller and tow hitch.
Before i dig into it, can someone who has done it let me know what you found to work best? Couple of questions/tasks:

1. Keep hearing the harness may be wired to the back already with a blue wire somewhere behind the spare? Anyone use this? Dont have the tow package.

2. where to mount circuit breakers under hood? Usually mount on fenderwell near battery, no room in the XJ. anyone come up with any accessible out of the way place?

3. Pulling wires through firewall? Where did you pull through? Any nice unused easy to get grommets I am overlooking?

4. Routing wires back to the hitch. In one of my other vehicles I have been able to rout through the interior. Has anyone done this on their XJ?

5. Mounting a Aux tranny cooler? what size did you find that fits and where did you put it? The A/C cooler takes up most of the space in front of the radiator.

6. Any tips?

Lots of questions, but if figured if there was a best way, I would find it here. Been almost 8 years since my last XJ, cant wait to get this one going.

Thanks
Bernie

Back