• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What do you suggest?

DaveS98

NAXJA Forum User
Should have an extra few hundred dollars to spend before the crawl on the rig.. what do you guys suggest I invest it in?

Current setup:
4.5" lift, 35" MTZs, LP D30 open, 29 spline 8.25 open, solid diff covers, rustys tank skid, custom built 3 link front..

I was thinking an aussie locker for the rear..but unsure if thats absolutely necessary. I have the opportunity to pick up warn rock sliders for 150..could spend the other 150 on general maintenance and spare parts..

Thoughts? :chef:

You need sliders unless you plan on making your own after your rockers are destroyed. If you don't care about the rockers then lock the rear end or front end

Sliders would be a nice addition. Depending upon the weather and what trails you do, a locker can be optional.

Be sure to have some spare front shafts and maybe a driveshaft.

How hard are you planning on wheeling? Not just this trip but also in the future. I only ask because bolt on sliders are only good for so much. They are great for someone who is just going to wheel lighter trails and might brush them against a tree or two, but if you think there's ever a chance the weight of the Jeep will end up on them, then they are just going to fold up and smash the rockers anyway. Ask Lil Timmy, High2by, or The Hard Stuggler. They all went down that path lol.

If you are going to hit harder trails you'll need something a little tougher.

I'm assuming since you said the front is low pinion that the shafts are the larger 760 joints. Honestly with it being open you shouldn't have any issue with them but having spares is always a good idea.

I was going to suggest sliders as well. I was hoping to have some by then, but it looks like I may be using the rockers as sliders.

Re: Re: What do you suggest?

How hard are you planning on wheeling? Not just this trip but also in the future. I only ask because bolt on sliders are only good for so much. They are great for someone who is just going to wheel lighter trails and might brush them against a tree or two, but if you think there's ever a chance the weight of the Jeep will end up on them, then they are just going to fold up and smash the rockers anyway. Ask Lil Timmy, High2by, or The Hard Stuggler. They all went down that path lol.

If you are going to hit harder trails you'll need something a little tougher.

I'm assuming since you said the front is low pinion that the shafts are the larger 760 joints. Honestly with it being open you shouldn't have any issue with them but having spares is always a good idea.

I ride it pretty hard. It seems like if I ever slide on something its my long arms, diffs, or the gas tank.

I am suppose to be getting a hp30 this week and was either gonna swap it in or pull it apart and keep the spare parts

The warn sliders do bolt on but I was going to weld them too.
the guy I'm getting them from has them welded on

Harlan will eat your rockers for lunch...get something to protect them.

Even with sliders, Harlan had Brunch with mine... Rocker replacement is the only way if you wheel it hard.

Even with sliders, Harlan had Brunch with mine... Rocker replacement is the only way if you wheel it hard.

I still have rock sliders and they haven't budged, and I wheel it hard. They are tied into my cage now so I haven't bothered with rocker replacement.

I almost ripped a bolt on slider off at Harlan... good times! I vote for sliders! Something is better then nothing!

I almost ripped a bolt on slider off at Harlan... good times! I vote for sliders! Something is better then nothing!

Mine aren't coming off very easy, they're welded to the frame, rocker pinch seam, and A&B cage pillars lol.

I was going to install my HnT before the crawl..but ive decided I really dont need it, I dont have vibes (knock on wood).
Gonna sell it and use the money from it to buy some new 760s, and some other spare parts.
Selling some other random shit to pay for these warn sliderz

Something is a LOT better than nothing! The rocker panels cave in if you stare at them too hard lol.

Back