• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The Big Cabin...

Team Willys

www.rocksolidfab.com
Hey guys, we have the big cabin reserved for Friday and Saturday night. We wanted it Thursday night too but it was already booked. We are going up on Thursday but "roughing" it in a smaller cabin for the first night.

We have 7 people signed up to be in the big cabin but we need 3 more to really make it affordable. The place is huge and has a fully furnished Kitchen with silverware and dishes, Couches, TV, A really nice deck and... wait for it... a really nice covered hot tub! It's $220 per night for the cabin but that works out to $22 per night if we have 10 people... so not bad at all! Actually I think it's the best deal at the place if you can fill it with 10 peeps.

Please post up if you want to join us as it is a first come first serve basis!

It's a plush cabin. Definitely enjoyed the hell out of it last year. Already splitting a smaller cabin with Flex, otherwise i'd be all over this.

Doesn't mean I won't come visit though...

I was informed that the reservation had been cancelled as Doug and Sam decided they aren't coming.

So... I jumped on it.

In total right now we have 3 couples in there, and myself, which is usually how things go lol. But anyway, we can fit 3 or 4 more in the no problem. But couples work out better usually because there are 4 beds that sleep 2 and I personally don't have any desire to snuggle up with some other dude haha.

I will say this though, the cabin last year had a lot to do with that trip being my favorite crawl ever. It sure beats the hell out of sleeping in a tent like I had done in past years. And the best part is that it doesn't cost any more money with enough people.

Tim, you and flex cancel that small cabin and come join us!

I was informed that the reservation had been cancelled as Doug and Sam decided they aren't coming.

So... I jumped on it.

In total right now we have 3 couples in there, and myself, which is usually how things go lol. But anyway, we can fit 3 or 4 more in the no problem. But couples work out better usually because there are 4 beds that sleep 2 and I personally don't have any desire to snuggle up with some other dude haha.

I will say this though, the cabin last year had a lot to do with that trip being my favorite crawl ever. It sure beats the hell out of sleeping in a tent like I had done in past years. And the best part is that it doesn't cost any more money with enough people.

Tim, you and flex cancel that small cabin and come join us!

I like sleeping undisturbed at night. I know you guys will be having fun and that's just fine but this guy likes his sleep! :D

Maybe it's Dougs fault. I'll give him a swirly next time I see him. No big deal as we are up in the air anyway.

i expect stuff like that anyhow :D

long story short...campground owner apparently cancelled my reservation despite my request, without notification.

I love visiting harlan, but not the campground....this just adds to my long list of reasons why

i expect stuff like that anyhow :D

long story short...campground owner apparently cancelled my reservation despite my request, without notification.

I love visiting harlan, but not the campground....this just adds to my long list of reasons why

Me: There's a giant RV in the spot you told me to park in next to my friends that I reserved 3 months ago.

Dude: Oh, it looks like that lady that showed up unannounced parked there because she couldn't fit in the spot I gave her.

Me: There aren't any other spots. Tell her to move.

Dude: Just go over there and find somewhere to park. I'm sure there's room.

Me: Thanks. I really really wanted to park next to the shed with the air compressor and listen to potato filled fireworks all weekend next to the campfire.

:doh:

Hey Doug,

I found out that Steven apparently told Dan he had to talk to you before he just cancelled your reservation. However, he knew you were on the fence and Dan did tell him you weren't coming. Steven still insisted on speaking with you. He tried calling you but couldn't get a hold of you, and after he didn't hear back, he put Dan's name on it.

So, I guess he tried to do the right thing. He specifically told Dan it would be bad business to give us your spot without asking you lol.

I still don't know if I like him, but at least he put forth a little effort.

What pissed me off about him was the tent thing. There were several of us going to split a powered tent site, but since our tents are small and we didn't want to be all up in each others business, we were not staying in the same tent. Steven made us all pay full price for a site even though we were only on one. He said he only allows one tent per site, but we could share one if we all paid full price. Great for him, as he now has full pop coming in for 2 extra tent sites that don't exist. It was lame for sure. Had we had a tent mansion that's ok per the rules because its 1 tent. But 2-3 tiny tents has to pay 3 times as much.

:doh:

So... still got 3 spots. Any takers?

Im still waiting on my nephew to tell me if he can come with me or not.
If he goes id much prefer a cabin rather than sleeping in the rig or on the ground, or in a tent.. lol

You don't have to pay until we get there, but if you say "we are in" you are commiting to those spots financially because we really need to fill it with 10 people. That's enough to make it affordable but not so many that its uncomfortable.

We are heading up on Thursday but we don't get the big cabin until Friday night. We are staying in a smaller 5 person cabin on Thursday night. We wanted it for the whole trip but it was already booked Thursday night.

The cabin was filled yesterday by a couple of Tim and Rebecca's friends.

Thanks for the interest!

...there's a couch lol, I think it pulled out to a bed too

Back