• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NAXJA and the 4th of July Parade

Bronzewyrm

NAXJA Forum User
Well the legwork is done, and monmouth and independence is looking forward to our participation in the events!

SO, here is a copy of the application for the parade, most importantly the rules and regulation for participating in the parade. We will be regestering as a group under the NAXJA banner. there will only be one application needed for the group.

here is the responce i got from jim.

Roughly how many are you? There used to be a limit on the number of vehicle on one entry fee. I don't see it in the rules now. I seem to recall a number like five, and then add a dollar for each extra vehicle. But there is no written rule on that now that I see. If you want to contribute an extra dollar for each vehicle over five, we would appreciate it.

Thanks for participating in the parade.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jim Birken
[email protected]

If i can get a rough headcount, i will get the app in befor we head to naches. the fee goes from $15 to $20 if i dont have it in by the 25th of june i will also front the bill for the app, just bring a buck incase we pack the place in!

I will be preping my place for the crew, please post up your plans so that i have an ideah of who wants to do what as far as sleeping arangements and parking. its fair game just let us know so we can have the place ready . if sombody wants to bring some meat, we are willing to fire up the BBQ and have some good foods if you all dont want to live off of the fair food (potluck?). BYOB, please use tact. i figure we can stage up at my place around 9am, roll out to the parade check in about 9:30, judging for the groups and floats is 10-11, we depart the collage campus for the Grand Parade at 12:00 noon. We could win a Ribbon! it will take about 3hrs for the parade. it can be HOT, so bring water to drink snacks for the kids and plan on having a blast! squirt guns, candy, and NAXJA club cards are BONUS fun! my house is on the main street of town and the front yard is open to anyone who wants to wach the parade from there.

Thursday july 4th meet at Bronzewyrm's house for pre-stageing @ 9AM
560 monmouth st
independence,or

roll ot to parade stageing at 9:30 sharp! mingle and paruze parade flaots and club members until the judging begins for the floats and groups. parade starts at 12noon. food vendors open at 12noon, fireworks starting @10pm. there is 3 days of stuff going on down here. feel free to stay if you would like.

HERE is a scedule of the offical events and there start times for the weekend. i hope to see a MASSIVE showing for this. i think it could be one of the best runs of the year! For all you early birds, there is a firemans breakfast at the firehouse, i plan oh hitting that around 7AM, thats a GOOD cheap, fun meal aswell.

if you have any question, about anything. please dont hesatate to contact me.

:wantyou:
Bronze.

I will check and see if I can get the day off for the parade but I need to work the evening/night cuse thats when all the drunks are driving home. So im a defanate mabe.

IN!!! We'll talk to ya about accommodations, and can bring meat to burn on the 'Q !!!

IN!!!
(of course)
I'll be heading out after the parade though.
I'll see if I cant get a hold of a couple tread lightly banners to fly.

does anybody have contacts at ODF, SOLVE, Or tred lightly? id love to "borrow" some story boards, banners, or maby send and invite?

Bronze.

we have a lot of tread lightly stuff and i can talk to stephanie and jamal at the trail patrol meeting next weekend if you like. email me some more info as to what exactly the event is and what is needed and we will do all we can to help out. [email protected]

we have a lot of tread lightly stuff and i can talk to stephanie and jamal at the trail patrol meeting next weekend if you like. email me some more info as to what exactly the event is and what is needed and we will do all we can to help out. [email protected]

hell yeah! thanks man. the event is really the standard 4th of july parade. just to get as many people together and as much info and run the parade. it will be a fun get out for the whole family, and get the word out about our sport. there's a lot of people in this area that are into 4x4, but know little of in the ways of forums, trails, tred lightly, solve, etc...

I think I might pull the sleeper too, it will be a rolling billboard! our sponsors will be proud too :D. NIGHTFOAM...Calling Nightfoam. it would be cool as hell to have the expedition XJ out on display?? EH?

This is going to be :thumbup:
Bronze

Sounds epic!!! We are def. down, and like I said, we'll get with ya and figure out what and where etc. Can't wait!!!
Keith and Teresa

Do we have a way to see who's going to attend this? Be nice to have a decent showing, show the public what we're all about : responsible use of our public lands, respect for private property, not just a bunch of rednecks tearing stuff up... the more we can educate John Q Public on the positive aspects of our hobby, the more support we get in the political arena... I, for one, hate seeing public lands closed due to idiots that don't give a *";!... Bronzwyrm 's got the right idea ... let's support that idea!!!

responsible use of our public lands, respect for private property, not just a bunch of rednecks tearing stuff up... the more we can educate John Q Public on the positive aspects of our hobby, the more support we get in the political arena.

THIS has been the main goal of this BOD since we took office. We will be doing many Public relations activities this year. both to educate about our hobby and to grow NAXJA's and the NWC's public image. Attract new members and get past members to return.

Awesome!!! That's what I wanted to hear ...

Back