• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Superlift TruSpeed

spinaldex

NAXJA Forum User
The rig I bought already had one installed, so before someone says "just regear" .. I might as well see if I can adjust this thing before I yank it and then regear. With that said ... I checked by the t-case and its not there. Where else would they have wired this thing? I got the manual for it so I think I can figure out how to adjust it properly (the rig has since been lifted, bigger tires, regeared, etc). I tried to fit my head under the dash and couldn't find it. I think Six States installed it for the previous owner.

The rig I bought already had one installed, so before someone says "just regear" .. I might as well see if I can adjust this thing before I yank it and then regear. With that said ... I checked by the t-case and its not there. Where else would they have wired this thing? I got the manual for it so I think I can figure out how to adjust it properly (the rig has since been lifted, bigger tires, regeared, etc). I tried to fit my head under the dash and couldn't find it. I think Six States installed it for the previous owner.

I would think it is under the dash or one of the front seats, out of the weather.
You many need to pull the lower part of the dash, under the steering wheel to find it. Assuming it was installed, trace the wires from the transfer case mounted speed sensor to where ever they go.
There are not a lot of hiding places in an XJ.

Well on a 2000XJ IIRC The speed sensor goes straight to the PCM, the PCM figured out vehicle speed and feeds it to the cluster over CCD. So is someone installed a speed calibrator it would have to be somewhere between the t-case and the PCM.

Is the PCM/ECU under the driver's side part of the dash? I've been down with a cold but feel a bit better. I can stick my head under there later today when I get home from work and see if I can find that thing.

Back