• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Memorial day Weekend 13'

Bronzewyrm

NAXJA Forum User
well i know im not the only one who had adventures. i know we all wernt in the same place @ the same time. so let hear it people... ill start (with a lack of pics...)

I and the family decided to "try" to meet up with a couple different groups at TSF this weekend. i knew Awsomexj and a feiw others would be camped at browns. also i got a personal invite to participate in the pistons wild/evergreen crawlers weekend. i hadent been out for my birthday, my best friend bought 3 quads last month, and i wanted to touch basses with sevral members that i have been out of touch with lately...

the plan was to head out saturday morning, stay with aaron at browns sat night, then wheel play and head home sunday afternoon. well my ambition got the best of me. come friday noon, we were packed up, geared up, and had a plan to leave the kid with grandpa for the weekend. we decided to leave friday night. the plan had changed to a "play it by ear" because i knew aaron wasent going to be to browns until sat morning, and not knowing who/where he was camping. we decided to head for the pw camp. after meeting up with the 2nt half of my party we headded down ruthaford rd in search of camp. we found it no problem, the parking spot was cramped when we rolled by and not thinking that i was on FreegN Ruthaford RD i passed it thinking id turn the trailors around and stop in... once i hit the HW (no you cant turn around on ruthaford rd) i decided to head for my secret backup TSF camping spot. (beyond lyda camp) it was late. there were more class II ATV's in the forest than i have EVER seen at one time. camp was set, we ate dinner, then had to run to tillimook to pickup another camper. having seen all the rigs waiting to molest the trails, i got cold feet. i was fearfull that we would get on the wrong trail looking for PW then be stuch on that trail until the cows come home. we made a plan to ride quads in serch of good pics and vids from all the big rigs of the day. well we hit all the trails on the archers side of the system. and ran into 2groups, ALL DAY!hasta DAMNIT! we got back to camp and decided to go looking for out fearless chapter VP. found him, brandon, crystal, and brice. chilling at camp. we left tessa there for a feiw while me and goldwyrm hit the quadtrails over neer browns. hunger set in and back to camp we went. let me tell you. browns to lyda in a jeep, peachy. browns to lyda on a quad, in the rain, after dark. Booty... sunday came around and we had all had enough of the quads. we had made a plan to meet up with aaron and brandon the next morning. the jeep hadent even been started after unhitching up to this point. we packed up and planed on meeting them on the trails(it was a late start for us) we drove around most of the day hitting trails, and following different groups on the cb and the trail looking for one of the two groups we knew... it was getting OLD. we tried cbchannels 26,25,4,6,7,17 herd manny people saw manny people. but non we were looking for. the last two trail to look at were cedertree and fb5. so were looking at the rock of doom, alone, wondering what our next moove shoud be. Cedar tree was our plan, so we headded back down fb5. on our way out we were passed my a small group headded up. i turned around to head up beings there is power in ###'s i felt good. 10psi hit the left side. IT IS TORE UP now. it was standord procedure on the left side, climb the wall ez on the skinny, keep it consistent. i fell off of the line i wanted, on the throdle, smacked rocks fron and rear (pass side) at the same time. the fromt u-joint spit the tops of the caps off(again ugg) and the rear valve stem slamed into a rock, bending the valve core, and deflating the rear pass tire. 8274 to the rescure again! winched up and over the watter bar. the group asked me if i was good on repairs befor setting off and leaving me to my fix's. i pulled the front shaft out and ran it with no inner shaft. the rear tire was cool, i bent the valve core?!? just the core, wut. i pulled the core out and replaced it with one i had in the toolbox (been there b4) and hooded up my mini pump 10psi and away i went 3tire fire. i had the spare parts to fix the u-joint, but being late in the afternoon we were all feeling the "packup" so that what we did. all was well and we set off for home.

we got just outside amity when i knoticed a funny shake all of a sudden, and it felt like the jeep was slowing itself, or resisting the throdle. looked in the mirror and it was billowing smoke out of the drivers side of the trailer.:doh:

now befor i left, i looked at the shredded spar tire for the trailer (alwase trust your intuition) thinking AHHHHH one more trip she will make it. (i was getting close to riping the 4lug axle out for a beefier 5luger) knowing it was 11pm, knowing i had no spare, no extra wheels, no extra $$. F-IT if i can make it to the polk county fairgrounds, ill ditch it there for the night and come back in the morning. we decided to drag it on the blown tire the feiw miles to ricreall. well to my suprize it got there WELL. i looked at her, she looked at me... lets get home... well not 1/4mi pased the fairgrounds. the wheel baring exploded. i was draging the trailer on frame now, with a bare wheel twisted up in there somewhere..... it 12:30am. im 3.5 mi from home.
IMG_20130528_191247_zpsc7a91931.jpg

i dident want to leave it on the hw all night so we ran to the house, grabed my small harbor freight trailer, some straps and other random crap..
well after 2.5 hrs on the side of the hw rigging as well as i knew how, we got her on some new round things. a trailer on a trailer, shit was getting DEEP at thi point. after we get rolling tessa says to me "broken jeep, broken trailer, yes the jeep is still pulling the trailer. pretty impressive babe" on the rought home i thought i coule hear a little rubbing, it leaned twards the pass side a little, the sound went away, i looked up at the road. it was a sloped s-curve to the left, as i started around the corner the sound came back louder! not 2seconds, not even enough time for me to stop from 20mph, the second trailer blew a tire:flame::rattle:!!!1:huh::doh:
CALL DAD! is all my brain could muster anymore...3am. well at 3am i wasent really useing the best of my brains, if there was any left. i do work all the time for the local AAA and towing sirvace. DUHHHHH we made the call for the flatbed, the kid on deuity had not a clue how to load mu offcambor trailer, on an offcambor road, with 2destroyed trailers up and onto his truck.
even after all this i made a plan betwene tessa backing the jeep up, the tow driver winching/bed lifting, and me spotting/cordanating. we got that "sombit" loadded up! and to my bed i went!!!!
IMG_20130527_020438_zpscf10510d.jpg

IMG_20130527_015342_zps02eef647.jpg

and then at 8am i was woke up to unload it. here is what i was left to deal with come the AM
IMG_20130528_121647_zpsa6a9ae37.jpg

IMG_20130528_121616_zpsbf248b86.jpg

IMG_20130528_121726_zps3bbd0508.jpg

well you asked for it and there it is. im sorry it that nothing seemed to work out right this weekend. i still had fun, i hope you all did to. see you guies come NWFest!!!

How was YOUR weekends????

Bronze

Dam man you had a pretty crazy weekend!! I'm not sure anyone can too that! I was up at browns with josh and Brandon, too bad I missed you man!

Dam man you had a pretty crazy weekend!! I'm not sure anyone can too that! I was up at browns with josh and Brandon, too bad I missed you man!

i saw you guies comming down from archers saturday night. i was flashin you a 1 on the quads neer lyda camp. we will get out soon enough, i dident realize you were out there until then.

Bronze.

I didn't even see any flashing lights man, sorry! Maybe if I saw some titties being flashed it would've gotten my attention! Haha

Yea I'm thinking about going to nwfest. I'm not sure though.. With all the stuff happening on here lately ya know?

Re: Re: Memorial day Weekend 13'

I didn't even see any flashing lights man, sorry! Maybe if I saw some titties being flashed it would've gotten my attention! Haha

Yea I'm thinking about going to nwfest. I'm not sure though.. With all the stuff happening on here lately ya know?

Brandon, your going even if I have to tie you up. :D

So y'all think I should go?? I'd have to leave early Sunday because I start my internship Monday and would want to get a gooooooood nights sleep

and for my weekend i got all the accessories mounted on my 351 v8 im putting in my yj and an aluminum intake to hook up the gm tbi injection so its getting very close to going in
york on board air is mounted and 100 amp on board welder is mounted and engine trans and tcase are all mounted together and have a hd dana 44 front and a 9 inch rear and brand new 35's and just got the 2".250 wall DOM for the front 4link im getting excited

and for my weekend i got all the accessories mounted on my 351 v8 im putting in my yj and an aluminum intake to hook up the gm tbi injection so its getting very close to going in
york on board air is mounted and 100 amp on board welder is mounted and engine trans and tcase are all mounted together and have a hd dana 44 front and a 9 inch rear and brand new 35's and just got the 2".250 wall DOM for the front 4link im getting excited

Dam, I wanna see that!! It sounds like a beast. I'm jealous :p

You need to post some pics of this monster! Also what are you using for your welder? Like most my projects, I started mounting a 90amp ford alternator to setup as a welder and never haven't finished.

I'm using a 1g ford large case alternator as a welder its good for 90-100amps and can burn in 1/8" rod and I have a Herr control box for it with all the clamps and a 120v outlet and guages to set the welder
As for pics I'm horrible at documenting my builds but for now there isn't a lot to see I'm just nearing the end of my gathering parts stage and going in to assembly mode soon

Back