• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How To Remove A Centering Ball In A Double Cardan Joint?

Kingkong0192

NAXJA Forum User
Before i go and screw something up i figured it would be better to ask here than pay for my ignorance with my wallet.

I'm rebuilding the front driveshaft with new U-joints, and when i took it apart i lost the spring in the Centering ball so i had to buy a new one of those.

I got the outer ring off, and i'm looking at the centering ball. I think it just pries out, but i don't want to force it and break anything.

Could anyone give me a quick explanation on how to remove it/install a new one?

Re: How To Remove A Centering Ball In A Double Cardian Joint?

yea it just comes strait out, I stuck a screw driver in mine and pried it out

Finally managed to pop out the centering ball and the bushing around it.

Anyways, it's all out now and i need to get the new one back in.

Do i install the parts in this order;

Is it the new centering ball and then that thing to the right of it on top followed up by the thing not pictured?

I don't know what thing not pictured is but, I filled the pocket full of grease ( were the center ball came out from) then installed the center ball and tapped in into place with a large socket, install the seal (thing to the right) make damn sure you don't forget the spring when reinstalling, and remove the cardboard tube in the center ball and then hold the spring tension back when installing the u joints and be careful not to ruin the bearings in your new u joints, you disassembled it try to make sure it goes back together the same way, now good luck

Back