• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Something weird inside one of my cylinders

AwesomeXJ

NAXJA Forum User
So I was replacing my broken exhaust manafold on my 97 XJ 4.0l today and looked into my cylinders to check their condition and #2 has these weird looking balls or something in it.

I don't think its normal. Any ideas what it could be?

um with out a pic......... I'm thinking its that pink elephant i saw the other day...lol

seriously a pic would help, i do not remember seeing any ball looking thing in any of the intake or exhaust ports when i have taking the manifolds or heads off.

adyru7ed.jpg

Derpa Derpa derp.......

It's been a long day......

It's a spark plug.
Lololololololol

It's the plug, I turned it while looking at it. It turned too. It's just in desperate need of replacement. So, plugs are my next weekend project.

So at what point in the project did you notice this and... just keep pluggin' away on it? :anon:

Re: Re: Something weird inside one of my cylinders

So at what point in the project did you notice this and... just keep pluggin' away on it? :anon:

Once the whole intake / exhaust was off. It's the plug, there's a bunch of buildup on it. I'll change them this week.

Once the whole intake / exhaust was off. It's the plug, there's a bunch of buildup on it. I'll change them this week.
I was joking :lecture:

You must have missed my terrible pun.

Back