• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

electrical connector for starter solenoid

XJ James 35

NAXJA Forum User
I just replaced my starter in my '99 and managed to completely destroy that little plastic plug that connects to solenoid. I'm having a really hard time finding a replacement. Anyone know the part number or have a link to a connector that works? The connector I pulled out has the numbers 3 and 5572 on the back of it if that helps at all.

If it is the same setup as my 96, I cut the block into two pieces (hack saw) and just added a crimp on ring to the solenoid wire, with a dab of solder to make sure it was on there good. Mine cooked off and melted much of the terminal block for some reason. It's been that way for five years now with no issues.

AS scooby says, you can use standard spade lugs. I did that on my 99 when I temporarily put in a 95 starter. If you did not cook the whole thing, you might even be able to break off the rest of the plastic plug with pliers, and use the spade lug inside.

Back