• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2N49 AAT run Sunday May 19

karstic

NAXJA Forum User
Save the date, I'll post more details in the morning.

Lots of work to still be done. The focus of this workday will be to brush and clear the 2N49C spur.

The trail starts at the end of Palm Avenue north of I-215.

2N49trailhead_zpsc3c8aadb.jpg

Meet there at 830am be on the trail by 9am.

We will be clearing a lot of brush. Also the ticks are out in force this year

I HIGHLY recommend long pants and a long sleeved shirt.

Recommended PPE is long sleeved shirt, long pants, gloves, eye protection, hard hat, sunscreen and insect repellent.

If you do not have your own, the club can provide work gloves, hard hat and eye protection.

I'll have hamburgers and hot dogs for lunch, bring enough water and drinks for the day.

ABSOLUTELY NO ALCOHOL!

Last edited:
IN!

Looks like it's near Cleghorn rd off the 15.

The north end of the trail ends on Highway 138 near the entrance to Silverwood Lake.

We will meet at the end of Palm Avenue off of I-215.

Geoff, if need be, I may be able to remember how to help with a toddler... If nothing else, I have a full roll of duct tape under the seat in my Jeep.

Souske Sean said he'll be there too (but he's got a wedding the night before, so he may run late again).

I won't have Alden with me, or Movie Night the prior night, so I should be on time, or darn close.

Any particular plan of action for Sunday?

Brush and clear the 2N49C spur

Bring loppers and heavy duty hoes if you have them.

I'll have the chainsaw for any of the bigger stuff.

I'm hoping to get up to North Shore this week to pick up one of the Stihl gas-powered trimmers and some McCleods and loppers.

Anyone have a gas-powered trimmer?

I can ask Jim if he still has one... I haven't seen it around lately, but then I try to wear blinders when wandering around his sheds & yard...

I"ll try to remember my loppers. But though I may be heavy, and do my duty, I'm not a hoe... sorry...

Carol don't worry about the power trimmers. I picked one up from the Big Bear work shed today.

Cool. Glad to hear it!

Unfortunately I'm out for Sunday. My youngest is having some negative side effects from the medication he's on and can't be out in the sunlight. Sorry to leave you guys hanging. Hopefully next time.

Ooh, hope he does better... being a kid and having to avoid sunlight is sad...

We made a decent amount of progress today; I'll let Karstic tell it though.

Just got home, tired.

How do you eat an elephant?

One bite at a time.

Back