• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

unplug HDM, now no low beams?

bluejeepkid

NAXJA Forum User
well, I recently was having trouble with the HDM. it was making a funny noise every time I shut the jeep off. I unplugged it yesterday, now I don't have my low beam headlights. high beams work fine, just no low beams. any idea's why? all my fuses are good.

97 4.0

thanks!

I'm test lighting the main headlight harness connector and I see that 2 red wires, 1 purple wire and 1 black wire all go to the back of the headlight.
I think the purple wire is the low beam power and the reds are high beam power?

Please correct me if I'm wrong. I'm no electrical guru.

My bad, Headlight Delay Module

thats correct.

Funny thing is unplugging the hdm should have no other effect than no delay after key off.

Check headlamp grounds near the pcm on the inner fender and the headlamp switch.hdm ground in the left kick panel.

Don't forget the KISS principle--jump power to the low beam and see it they aren't burnt out--lots of people driving around with one low beam and don't realize it, then the other lets go and checking the lamps is the last thing people think off.

The ground is common to hi and lo.

I'm test lighting the main headlight harness connector and I see that 2 red wires, 1 purple wire and 1 black wire all go to the back of the headlight.

That is correct. One of the reds goes to the foglight relay for the high beam sense.

Back