• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sand Flea Rally - Sandlake - 4/27/13

TORX

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Finally got around to getting my pictures uploaded from the Sand Flea Rally this year.

Convoyed out Saturday morning with Ryan (Icemans), Jesse (McJesse), Kenny (Kenny811), Daryl (LJdude), and some other friends from Vancouver. Stopped at Gales Creek for some permits, which they were sold out of. I think we had five trucks and trailers, and two Jeeps in our group. Kind of a cool sight rolling down the road.

This year the turn out seemed way bigger than years past. Ran into BoringDave, Rod (mojojojo), Sneaky, BronzeWyrm, and a ton of other people out on the sand.

All different kinds of rigs.

A few of the Top Truck Challenge rigs were out as well. It's quite the sight seeing a 2.5 ton truggy on 54" Claws bombing down the beach.

Ryan, Alan, and myself didn't register for the rally; so we took it easy, and just cruised around the sand for the day.

Ryan in the quick sand.

Whoops.

Tune-age.

Little roost action. I've wanted a quad before, but after spending a day at Sandlake, I now suddenly find myself on Craigslist from time to time.

All in all, it was a fun day on the beach. I think we should try and get a big trip going later in the year again.

Random pictures.

edavurut.jpg

dupaqy7y.jpg

py2e8u9a.jpg

ahajyper.jpg

uha4apys.jpg

6yrezydu.jpg
6y5a2u3a.jpg

Looks like a great time and perfect conditions too!
I hear there were some good times too, after the sun went down!

I have been drooling over this for years. I SO want to do this next year. Who is the best person to talk to for prepping my rig for this event?

Probably one of my favorite rigs down there this year. It was flat getting it when I saw it on the flats.
It's impressive, Turbo charged 5.0liter, We watched them at sandlake back in march, Well.. Until they blew a headgasket... That things a monster:guitar:

Back