• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2000 A/C CIRCUIT

dktool

NAXJA Forum User
I am seeking anyone with a 2000 XJ with a working A/C system who can verify control logic of the Aux. fan circuit.

Please only post if you have a 2000, I also have a '98 model and the wiring is different. I need an apples to apples comparison.

Question;

* Does your Aux fan turn on at the same time the compressor engages ?

* Does it remain on when the compressor cycles off ?

Thanks in advance !

The electric fan does NOT come on automatically and allways whenever the A/C is on in your 2000 XJ

for 2000, 2001 xj's

Electric cooling fan 4.0L:​
With or without A/C request the electric fan will come on only when the coolant temperature is at least 106° C (223° F), and will remain on until the coolant temperature drops to 103° C (217° F) or below.

Regardless of coolant temperature, when air conditioning system pressures reach 2068.56 +/-138 kPa (300 +/- 20 psi) the electric fan will engage and continue to run until the A/C system pressure drops to 1620.3 kPa (235 psi) minimum, then the electric fan will shut off.

Thank You !

That is the logic I expected, just didn't think the the high side pressure would have to be that high, 300 LBS !

Back