PDA

View Full Version : Flange type SYE

themauler
April 30th, 2013, 09:27
Hello everyone, need a little insight on a SYE topic.

Going to do a lot of driveline work this summer and wanted to learn more about a hack n tap flange SYE either behind a np231 or a dana 300. I can understand just by the concept that a CV will be much stronger but I am looking at the flange for a certain reason to mount a disc on the flange and make my parking brake on the tcase like so

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v294/flatlander757/Jeep%20stuff/1%20ton%20build/2009_07180001.jpg

I don't want to buy the highline kit and want to make my own. So for starters I need to find a flange for the np231. I have only found that Rubicon Express makes one. Any other companies?

Also if I were to do a flange SYE, do I have to buy an adapter to work with a front cherokee driveshaft to use as a rear driveshaft?

TIA
Nick

2001XJ
April 30th, 2013, 09:52
Hello everyone, need a little insight on a SYE topic.

Going to do a lot of driveline work this summer and wanted to learn more about a hack n tap flange SYE either behind a np231 or a dana 300. I can understand just by the concept that a CV will be much stronger but I am looking at the flange for a certain reason to mount a disc on the flange and make my parking brake on the tcase like so

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v294/flatlander757/Jeep%20stuff/1%20ton%20build/2009_07180001.jpg

I don't want to buy the highline kit and want to make my own. So for starters I need to find a flange for the np231. I have only found that Rubicon Express makes one. Any other companies?

Also if I were to do a flange SYE, do I have to buy an adapter to work with a front cherokee driveshaft to use as a rear driveshaft?

TIA
Nick

Im sure you could have a CNC shop machine you one to your specs. I know shops around here charge $65 per hour plus material on the lathe/turret so if you already had it designed in CAD with everything done it might not be too expensive. Then you get exactly what you want.

anthrax323
April 30th, 2013, 21:41
Tom Woods SD SYE.

Johnnie Walker
May 1st, 2013, 14:08
I have an RE flange that I would be willing to sell. And YES, you need a flange adapter.

the_weirdo
May 1st, 2013, 14:09
OP, yes you would need Spicer flange 211229x in order to use a front driveshaft in the rear with that flange.