• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sunday am work session-2N04 Adopt A Trail

frijolee

NAXJA Forum User
Do we need anything in the way of tools? Shovels, chain saws, sign making materials, etc?

I'm planning to work till it's done then bail or else work till my three year old can't take it and bail.

Re: Sunday am work session

Glad to see someone amped.for AAT
hopefully karstic.or Gsequoia will chime in, but all you should need is work gloves, water, and some friends

Have to be have a cert to do any chainsaw work anyhow.

I will bring a shovel. Another.shovel, and some loppers.might come in handy

Re: Sunday am work session

Loppers and pruning saws.

All other tools we will get from the AAT workshed.

I pre-ran the trail last Saturday to get an idea of the work load.

Plan for the day is to fix the water bar by the spring so the water drains off the road, little bit of pick and shovel work.

The stream crossing is in good shape for a change, so no work there.

A lot of the trimming of the trees that are starting to encroach on the road. The objective is to improve the line of site and reduce the "blind corners"

There has been a rash of "wood poaching: going on in the forest. One of the spots is off of the 2N04A spur. We will make a concerted effort to slash and conceal the tracks that go off into the areas that were illegally cut.

Pick up trash and check for campfire rings.

Last edited:
I would recommend hat, sunscreen, plenty of water, some sort of eye protection (sunglasses are OK), long sleeved shirts (cutting brush can wreck havoc on your arms), work gloves if you have them.

I have some polar products neck ties/wraps I can sell.. Haha.

The closure on 38 may screw things up a bit. The entrance of 2N04 is past the closure at Lake Williams.

Fyi, didn't set an alarm this morning and just woke up. Packing up camp as quickly as I can but if I miss you at the discovery center, assuming someone sees this, please pm me a cell phone number I can call to figure out how to connect.

Thanks,
Joel

Thank you to all that showed up for the AAT on Sunday (both shifts! LOL).

For those that missed it, enjoyed it, or just do it because it's the right thing to do to help keep our trails & forest accessible:

Keep your eyes peeled for postings in the AAT forum http://www.naxja.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=264 -- we now have TWO Adopted Trails... this one (2N04) east of Big Bear, and the longer, newer, more accessible one (2N49) off the I-215 & Palm in San Berdoo...

I want to to thank Sonia, Don, Jessie, David, Carol, Joel, Lana, Karen, Julia, Sean, Mike, Roseanne, the Jerk and Sebastian for showing up and working hard.

YOU guys are keeping the trails open in the SBNF.

I had a great time this past weekend. I felt fortunate that I was able to help on the trail cleanup. It was a lot of fun working with all that showed up. I certainly make some new friends, and renewed old friends.

I took a few pics of the cleanup - I'll try to get them posted sometime this week.

David Bricker / SYR - TUS

Back