• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Clutch size? 84 2.5

WarGin

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys,
Been finding it harder and harder to shift into any gear, and just sprang a leak over the fuse box, so due to the fact that my car is 29 years old and has 115k on it,, im going to do a complete clutch overhaul. Or I would, if i could figure out which parts to get...
Would the correct size clutch for my car be 9.125 (9 1/8)?? or 9 11/16?
Ive been searching for hours and i cant find a definitive response.
If it helps its a 84 2.5 , single carb, AX5, np207, wagoneer trim, if that matters...
also if anyone has a link for a complete hydraulic kit? like master cylinder, lines slave cylinder, etc that would fit this year... im have a bitch of a time finding parts for this model year.:hang:

you tried looking on rock auto? i did a quick search and i see what you mean about the 2 sizes. both seem to be for 1x14t shafts though. my guess is either one would work. i know the disc that went in my 01 was physically bigger than the one that came out and my clutch works great.

i think as long as the disc is matched up with the pressure plate then all should be good. if i were to err on the side of caution i would go with the 9.12", seems to be more common.

rock auto has a new slave, master and hydraulic hose for your jeep as well.....just not as a kit, sold as separate parts.

ah ok thank you very much! Ill go with 9.12" then.
this is the first time in 20k that this car has given me any problems, so in think it deserves the overhaul!

Back