• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Power Seat question

Tempus_Fugit

NAXJA Forum User
Hello,

Newbie with a question:

I was fortunate enough to find a high option, rust free waggy on Craigslist 500 miles away that I dragged home, been sitting for 13 years in a dry garage. This is my 8th MJ/XJ.

I fixed a whole bunch of issues and have it roadworthy, but I am having issues with the power seats. Both are not working, and I have no power at the red wires coming up through the carpets. According to the owners manual they share a breaker with the power locks, which work fine.

Can anyone tell me where these wires go to once they go under the carpet. I pulled the LH kick panel and I don't see any wires that look like the heavy gauge ones going to the seats.

I did a search on this and came up empty. Thanks in advance.

I figured it out. Wires come up near to parking brake from somewhere left and aft, they meet at a connector under the console. Looks like the connector had a few too many Mountain Dews spilled onto it and the connection from the wire to the blade in the connector rotted.

Back