• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Engine transmission and transfer case removal

Gnarlyrider27

NAXJA Forum User
Ok so I am trying to remove the engine trans and transfer case all as one out of my 90 xj parts jeep. All I have to do is disconnect the shifter and can't seem to. I disconnected the transfer case linkage already and tore the center console and tried to get to it from the top and that was a no go. Oh its a auto trans. I cant get my hand up were the linkage sits on top of the trans to feel around. That and the tranny mount is the last thing to do. The guy I sold the engine and trans too wants it all as one because he doesnt want to have to try and mount the trans back to the engine. Figured I would post and see what you guys think because I might be over looking something and theres a trick I dont know about. The guy is suppose to be here in 5 hours so any advice would be great. Thanks

Back