• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where to buy CB accessories in the LA area

Nimrod

Degenerate Jeeper
NAXJA Member
I need to get a couple of CB radio-related items, preferably before SoCal Fest next weekend. I could order this stuff on line, but the shipping cost exceeds the price of what I need. So I'd rather just pick it up locally if I can. What I need is a short (2 or 3 foot) coax extension and a female to female . . . hmmmm . . . zoned out for a blissful second there, but now I'm back . . . connector, as in the pix below.

Does anyone know of any place to buy these things in or around LA?

pp3tx.jpg

ptpl258x.jpg

I would try Radio Shack or just about any truck stop

RS doesn't have much with radios and truck stops are tough to find here in the city.

AB Mobile in Torrance will have your back. Ask for a UHF cable and that barrel connector / gender changer. 310.326.3808, call them they don't keep the most normal hours.

If you can't make it to AB HamCity.com or HamRadio.com will have hte cable and may have the barrel connector, they're in Culver City and Burbank, respectively.

Never really been a fan of RadioCrap, but they have a decent selection of cables/connectors/misc hardware needed for those.
Amazon has really good prices, with a Prime membership most stuff ships 2day free.

CB shop just off freeway at Milliken in Guasti, South of Freeway then west on Guasti Rd, past the big rig truck stop. Xlnt place. Also a shop in Fontana, and also High Desert CB does business at the Outpost Truck Stop in a mobile van. Phone number is listed as a Hesperia Phone number. Really nice guy who knows his stuff.

Thanks for the suggestion, but followed the Captain's tip and got what I need at RS. I should have checked there first but just had a wrong impression they didn't sell much radio-related stuff anymore.

Back