• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

check engine light?

Demonoid369

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
can a bad connection on the speedo gear on the transfer case cause a check engine light to go on?
97' 4.0l 231j automatic
I replaced my transfer case chain and afterwards as I drove home, noticed I had no mph but after a bit the check engine light came on, just wanted a opinion before I take it to autozone to be scanned

Yes

Code 15 No Vehicle Speed Sensor Signal - No vehicle distance (speed) sensor signal detected​
during road load conditions. Check Engine Lamp will illuminate during engine operation if this Diagnostic Trouble Code was recorded.

alright awesome, I didn't know if the speedo was something the computer would take notice and label it as a engine problem. thank you:cheers:

Once you download the Check Engine Light trouble codes it should be very simple to determine what is wrong.

Alright, today I replaced the leaking seals on my transfer case and in the process I sprayed and cleaned the connector on the speedo and still no speed...... I noticed the check engine light is off but I still have no speed. Is this something I should replace? I can't think of anything else that could throw the light or stop the speedometer since that was the only thing I disconnected. If it does have to be replaced is there a part number that I can get to get the part? Greatly appreciate it.

Back