• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

97 XJ fuel tank frustration

krummwise

NAXJA Forum User
I Need Help.

So I have a 97 xj sport and in order to drop the tank I had to cut the j hanger off just below the nut due to the nut being seized up. When I threaded the nut back on when I was done I had to make it a little tighter than before. I think this crushed my tank over time. Now I have a huge leak and Im losing fuel fast (20 gallons in three days). I cant find a replacement tank anywhere. they dont make them anymore and the local salvage yards dont have them. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME GET A NEW TANK!? Help a fellow xj man out!

There are aftermarket tanks with more capacity but are pricey. Look in your chapter classifieds for someone parting an xj possibly?

Yep, classifieds or CL for a part-out are probably your best bet. If you can't find anything locally I've got an extra tank that I'd be willing to let go pretty cheap but I'm guessing that shipping it to Cali would not be cheap... PM if you're interested.

Back