• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cruise inop 00XJ

Zoro

NAXJA Forum User
Just got an '00XJ and the cruise ain't working. The green cruise light does light up on the cluster but the cruise doesn't function. All fuses are good in both fuse blocks.

What's most likely to be the culprit?

Can be several different things...

A misadjusted brake (stop) lamp switch
Leaking vacuum resevoir
Defective one-way vacuum check valve
Speed control servo cable or attachment at either end
Failed speed control servo
steering wheel mounted switch pods

I've read that many failures are due to a vacuum resevoir leak..or the vacuum lines going to it...it is a plastic storage tank located behind the right front bumper end cap.

Can be several different things...

A misadjusted brake (stop) lamp switch
Leaking vacuum resevoir
Defective one-way vacuum check valve
Speed control servo cable or attachment at either end
Failed speed control servo
steering wheel mounted switch pods

I've read that many failures are due to a vacuum resevoir leak..or the vacuum lines going to it...it is a plastic storage tank located behind the right front bumper end cap.

I'll take peak at the vacuum ball. The bumper has been replaced so it wouldn't surprise me if it wasn't reinstalled or put back together correctly.

IIRC it doesnt work below 45 mph as well.

That very well could be the problem, I was only doing 40 when I tried it. My other ride will engage the cruise at 30 so I didn't bother going faster. I'll try it again next time I'm on the HWY.

Cruise control on my 98 won't engage below 30 mph...

Check the hard plastic line from the cruise control module (passenger inner fender) to the vacuum accumulator (plastic ball behind bumper, passenger side).

Most of the time that line leaks under the battery tray from acid and/or abrasion.

Since the green light works, your ECU can read the switch pods... eliminating that as a failure point.

I'd bet on a vac leak.

Back