• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

So, do we have details..

TA2Jeep

NAXJA Forum User
..yet on the Sat night dinner or any of the planned runs?

As I'm pretty sure I'll be doing just the stocker run, I'd like to put my vote in for Rattlesnake Cyn down to Pioneertown. I'll have the kids and I think they would dig this and the gunfights in the afternoon..

(Really looking forward to this trip :laugh3: )

There are no official posted runs, though some general details will be available. Specific plans are generally not discussed until each morning of the event, when we meet in person up at the Discovery Center. Otherwise you get into permits and stuff & it gets ugly & expensive quickly.

Perhaps the person who's most likely to be in the front of the stocker/scenic run will chime in, or PM you. There will be stuff for every level, for sure.

Dinner Saturday's probably going to default to burgers, dogs, and sides, and Geoff (GSequoia) is working on getting that loaded into the new SoCal Chapter Store, I believe.

Sunday will definitely be a run over to 2N04, Balky Horse, which is our Adopt-A-Trail east of Big Bear. It's quite manageable with a stock vehicle.

If you go on that run, your volunteer hours are logged from the time you would have left home until you get there, and return time as well.

If you're in a tax bracket (which my dad says I should aspire to be in, but with 3 kids in college & one income I seem to defy tax brackets), it's volunteer work for a non-profit organization (SBNF, SBNF Friends), and you can deduct meals while en route to & while doing the volunteer work, and can take 14c per mile driven from home to 2N04 & back as a write off, as well. Of course, please consult your local tax advisor or tax software for verification of all this!

Also, your kids are included in the volunteer work hours, and if their school requires volunteer work from students (like my kids' school did) we can probably get a verification form filled out for you.

My older daughter racked up quite a few volunteer hours doing trail maintenance on 2N04 over the years, as well as a huge cleanup they did out at Sugarloaf in BB a few years back. And it looks good on job applications, too.

Back