View Full Version : Doing floor pans - stupid question about drain plugs

April 10th, 2013, 18:54
I am part way through replacing the passenger side floor pan on my '00 XJ. The new pan came from raybuck today and looks like it will fit well. What does everyone do about the metal drain plugs? The factory one is as rotten as the rest of the floor and I don't see new ones around. I have some spare plate and can fabricate if I need to, but is there some clever trick that everyone but me knows about? I'm surprised the plugs aren't listed right next to the replacement pans.

Pics if you care:


Rod Knee
April 11th, 2013, 06:18
You can get rubber plugs on ebay...the small ones anyway

April 12th, 2013, 16:16
You can also buy the OEM plugs from teamcherokee.com. Although I need a few new ones too and I will probably just measure the holes and then look for some correctly sized generic rubber plugs, should be a cheaper solution. I don't really know where to look for something like that but somebody's got to carry them.

April 12th, 2013, 16:53
Part number for OEM ones is 4586 052 near as I can tell. Buy em anywhere except factorychryslerparts.com... those guys are scammers.

edit: haven't done business with these companies so I can't vouch for them, but
plus your friendly local chrysler/jeep/dodge dealer parts counter.

(found via googling "4586052 plug")