• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

knock @ 56,000kms

bluesport93

NAXJA Forum User
Hi guys. i have a 93 sport 4.0L H.O automatic overdrive with ONLY 56,000km
I hear a knock down near the pan (loud enough to hear sitting in driver seat with window open). When i use a rubber hose to listen and put it in between the trany and engine that's where i hear it the best.
Now with this being said Ive tightened the flex plate(got about quarter turn on two of them) no visible cracks and changed the oil (mobil 1 synthetic 10w-30) yesterday and no sign of metal came out the drain hole. I haven't dropped the pan yet.(DD) still knocks......
My question is with so LOW kms on this thing what would you bet it could be...Ive read lots of posts concerning this topic trust me, but none of them had 56,000kms on the jeeps.. I find it knocks less the warmer she gets....but that could be me....
History; Jeep was stored for many many years untouched and then taken out (not sure of brake in period) driven for a year then bought by Me a month ago for 3700.... Just a small amount of rust on passenger side floor(fixed).

Since you've checked the flexplate bolts (they were my first guess), I would pull the pan and check the rod bearings first. Very easy to do. Replace the RMS while you're in there (also easy).

Back