• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Down Pipe off OEM Header

You might want to try Banks thier header blots up to the stock head pipe and then they sell you thier "torque tube" that replaces the down pipe. its like 70 bucks. I can't seem to pull up thier site right now but heres the link.
www.bankspower.com

I just had a banks header installed on my '96. Banks doesn't make the cat-forward down tube that you need for the Cherokee, only TJ. I had to have a muffler shop fab a 2.25" one for me for $100. The stealership sells them for $119 or so but it's 2". If you find a nice mandrel bent one, let me know. The fab'd one I have now is mediocre, due to the number of bends and twists in it.

Is there a possibility you could acquire a downpipe and header from a 00-01 XJ? Those last two years have a 2.5" downpipe and the header is nearest a true header design as possible minus the two precats, it looks almost identical to the borla header made for the XJ and probably why borla does'nt make a aftermarket header for those two years besides the cat issue. I know those two items had to have added more hp than what Jeep engineers are willing to claim. Prob due to the EPA gorillas. What say you Eagle?

Back