• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

remix heater inlet?

1. What is a "r e m i x" ?

2. When facing the front of the engine, the heater hose that comes off the water pump on the driver's side is the "IN" to the heater core.

stupid auto spell on my iPad....
Supposed to say renix
I need to know if the top bung or bottom bung on the heater core itself is the inlet or outlet
oh and I think you are mistaken about the water pump line being the "in" to the heater core
The heater hose running from the thermostat housing is the "in" to the heater core and the hose going to the water pump is the "out" or return line from the heater core....

Coolantflow88_zpsa8429869.jpg

stupid auto spell on my iPad....
Supposed to say renix
I need to know if the top bung or bottom bung on the heater core itself is the inlet or outlet
oh and I think you are mistaken about the water pump line being the "in" to the heater core
The heater hose running from the thermostat housing is the "in" to the heater core and the hose going to the water pump is the "out" or return line from the heater core....

That is correct.

The heater hose running from the thermostat housing is the "in" to the heater core

I don't think the heater core cares which you use for the in and out, but using the bottom one (at the core itself, which I suspect is the bottom one on the fire wall)) as in, would make it easier to remove any air bubbles.

Thanks guys....I deleted the heater control valve and couldn't remember what heater core bung was inlet or outlet.
One more quick question.
I'm gonna put new heater hoses on there while I'm at it and am going to get the cut to fit hose so what size do I need?
I know one bung is bigger than the other but have heard you can use one size for both the only thing you need to do is squeeze the smaller diameter hose over the larger bung....

Thanks guys....I deleted the heater control valve and couldn't remember what heater core bung was inlet or outlet.
One more quick question.
I'm gonna put new heater hoses on there while I'm at it and am going to get the cut to fit hose so what size do I need?
I know one bung is bigger than the other but have heard you can use one size for both the only thing you need to do is squeeze the smaller diameter hose over the larger bung....

Take an open-end wrench and slip it over the heater core tubes. The one that fits the best is the size hose you need.

Back