• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

No more XJ...here's my new toy....

JeepCherokeeGuy99

NAXJA Forum User
3K83Jb3Hf5Ge5K35Jbd3s9d41204d798f1798_zps1ceb7885.jpg

3Mc3Fe3N65O65M55Jad3s2eb16bbe69431362_zps58e71fb2.jpg

3Gf3L73H45I75F15J3d3s7684342e26991ca9_zps5e1cb566.jpg

IMG_0017_zps6ee55613.jpg

IMG_0015_zps113defa7.jpg

An Ex-Military 1968 Kaiser Jeep M715 Full-size pickup
Pretty much all original excepts for the:
*Chevy 350 motor
*Fiberglass hardtop
*Bench seat
*Humvee Tires

Still has the D60/D70 with 5:88 gears. 4-speed Granny transmission.
I plan on sanding her down on the interior/exterior and painting her back to OD green. I'm going to retouch the national symbols and registration numbers. Then of course getting any missing parts ex. jerry can holder, pick and axe mounts etc. I'm pretty excited about it, only 33,000 made and they figure less than 10,000 are still around. Most of them were left in Vietnam or dumped in the ocean on the return trip.

I traded my 2008 R6 for it plus he gave me $2000 cash. Not too bad eh?

love me some FSJ. there's one on eBay in Cleveland right now but yours looks way better. That's a Real Truck! Only quibble is, I think those front fenders have been cut and those flares ain't right, but then again if you're going to keep those tires it's probably better the way it is

Ya the fenders are original :)

OK I stand corrected, I thought that the military fenders were the same as the J-truck fenders save for the hood latches. A little googling tells me that my memory has gone. What else have I lost?

Anyway, I have serious jealousy of your new vee-hicle. If it were mine I'd be tempted to keep it as original as possible. I swear the one I was looking at on eBay had an overdrive, was going to send you the link so you'd see what I was talking about, but I'll be damned if I can find the listing. It was in Cleveland and was badly repainted yellow.

Ya I'm going to keep it as original as possible. Except for the paint, I'm going with OD green from wwII era not the khaki brown tint in the Vietnam era.

lets see..... " I want to keep it original as possible " with the exception of the simplest thing.... the paint :huh: sounds like you want it to look like YOUR idea of military not origonal..... and just so you know, the fiberglass top did come with those in 68 as well as a ragtop.... I had one with the in line 6, still 28 volt.... Loved that truck, had the split seats with the original battery box between them instead of that bench seat from a blazer you have in there now....

too bad they dont make those tires anymore.

i have a set if your ever in my area let me know.

I might just take you up on that! Thanks!

lets see..... " I want to keep it original as possible " with the exception of the simplest thing.... the paint :huh: sounds like you want it to look like YOUR idea of military not origonal..... and just so you know, the fiberglass top did come with those in 68 as well as a ragtop.... I had one with the in line 6, still 28 volt.... Loved that truck, had the split seats with the original battery box between them instead of that bench seat from a blazer you have in there now....

Ya I'm not very fond of doo doo brown. As long as its a greener OD I'm good. I wish I liked that color so it could be original but I don't. Last thing I want to do is spend money for a color that I'm not happy with. Oh well, to each their own. Luckily he still has the original seats and battery box so ill likely be switching the bench seat out.

Back