• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

electrical issue, whats going on?

Demonoid369

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
had it happen about a month ago but it stopped and i didn't think much but its done it again and now im worried lol:
turn signal on the dash rapidly blinking, did it the first time(cant remember which side it was), stopped randomly after a bit. the second time it did it on the passenger side , i stopped and checked all my lights, the front light wasn't blinking but the rear was. got home and was able to search a bit on the interweb and it might be a combination flasher? went out and was going to turn the hazard on to see but when i turned it on the blinker was acting normal again, and the front turn signal was working? but the issue im asking is it it that? now heres the fun part, my jeep is a early 97'(03/97) cherokee 4.0L and i've already read that 97' was a confusing time for itself lol ive learned that already by having early style hinges lol so im confused as to what this might possibly be since its such a early 97'

Mine is doping the same thing. Left blinker fast, right blinker activates hazards.....sometimes it's slow and normal.
I just stopped using them, and prefer hand signals now.

Napa has a new blinker relay thingy for about 30 bucks. We should try that.

Mine is doping the same thing. Left blinker fast, right blinker activates hazards.....sometimes it's slow and normal.
I just stopped using them, and prefer hand signals now.

Napa has a new blinker relay thingy for about 30 bucks. We should try that.

Don't know if your being a smart ass or actually helping? Lol I'm just trying to get a confirmation if I should be looking into the 97+ combination flasher or the earlier style(what ever that should be?) I'm not at all electrical inclined. Probing and fiddling with wires will probably end with worse problem than what I started with if I try lol

Super serious.
I'll actually get the new flasher today from napa and try it tonight. Then I will report back my findings. It would be sweet if it worked.

Before spending bucks, CLEAN all of the bulb sockets and contacts.

Generally speaking, when you get a fast indicator while signalling a turn, ONE of the bulbs that should be working isn't.

My Wife's TJ was doing the same thing, one of the bulb filaments (turn signal) failed and was shorted to the brake filament. Activate the turn signal caused emergency flashers appear activated. Check all the bulbs for a failed filament.

Back