• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what arms forndrop brackets

962door

NAXJA Forum User
I am planning to put on a set of rough country drop brackets next weekend and am wondering what to do for control arms. Mine are the origionals as far as I know and I will not be using them. Right now I am leaning towards WJ lowers and am not sure what I should do for uppers. What have you used and does anybody have any suggestions?
Its a 1998 will have about 4.5" of lift.

WJ uppers? I used them with my drops for a short period of time.

4.5" and drop brackets will allow you to use anything that matches the stock arm.

If the WJ arms are the same length as the XJ arms, you could use them without any issue, but I'd still go with something stronger and adjustable if it was in the budget.

IronMan 4x4 makes adjustable uppers and lowers that are beefy as all hell and match stock lengths in their shortest settings. Worth taking a look. I'm still running a set of his prototype XJ arms from a few years ago and just shortened them for my Rubicon Express drop brackets. The lowers are a hair too long (16.00" is as short as they'd go, but his newer ones actually adjust down to 15.75"), but after installing my ACOS kit in the front, they're the perfect length.

Depends how you prioritize comfort vs flex.
I hear the WJ arms are a huge upgrade in road manners. They are also easy to replace with off the shelf parts (not that you'll likely ever need to) and are stronger than dirt (and many rocks), being fully boxed steel.
The WJ arms also have a bend to allow tire clearance - so you are less likely to have to run a different backspace.
The good news about after market LCAs would be (maybe) increased rock resistance & adjustability.
I'd go adjustable uppers & WJ lowers.

Back