• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stock E-brake cable lengths?

anthrax323

NAXJA Forum User
Hey all,

I did a KJ rear disc swap on my 8.25" some time ago (2001 XJ Sport) and have been running with the way-too-damn-long KJ E-brake cables ever since. While replacing my leaf bushings and installing boomerang shackles, I noticed that my "clever" routing solution (through the unused rear sway bar chassis brackets) was binding on some metal collars/sleeves on the E-brake cables, limiting droop...

Does anyone have a set of OEM XJ E-brake cables laying around that they'd care to measure for me? I think it's time to address this situation correctly and take them somewhere to be shortened.

Thanks in advance!

I know this will be of little to no help, but I'm a throw it out there anyway...

I seem to recall in one section of Eric Zappe's book :
High-Performance Jeep Cherokee XJ Builder's Guide

he covered this...

The dimensions you are looking for might be in there, not sure. I would check for you but I loaned my copy to a friend.

Maybe someone else here has a copy.

HTH...

I know this will be of little to no help, but I'm a throw it out there anyway...

I seem to recall in one section of Eric Zappe's book :
High-Performance Jeep Cherokee XJ Builder's Guide

he covered this...

The dimensions you are looking for might be in there, not sure. I would check for you but I loaned my copy to a friend.

Maybe someone else here has a copy.

HTH...
I actually have a copy, just didn't realize he covered it. I'll take a look when I get home. Thanks!

Right on - fortunately I've pieced together some good info from various swap threads, including another KJ thread.

TeraFlex sells the cables I need for $50/ea... Looks like I only really need to deal with the driver side, as the passenger side length should be more or less acceptable. I've only found one shop in San Antonio that'll even touch E-brake cables, and they estimate anywhere from $50 to $150 each to shorten them.

Looks like I'm doing some measuring tonight.

Found them OP. Here are some pictures as well of them on my Jeep.

http://www.jeep4x4center.com/rough-trail-disc-brake-cable-70-5-dbc-06.html

http://www.jeep4x4center.com/rough-trail-disc-brake-cable-34-25-dbc-07.html

1-1_zps3a9cee03.jpg

2-1_zpsb42141f0.jpg

3-1_zpscfd08a6d.jpg

Back