• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Needed experianced big rig mechanic

Yamadevil

NAXJA Forum User
Needed immediately a mechanic for our body shop at Inland Kenworth. Must have your own tools and be able to disassemble and repair diesel trucks. Please message me if interested

if they start looking for a guy to do dpf's let me know thats what me and my brother are doing right now for ironman

lol no not true... that rumor has been running for the last year or so

How much does a typical experienced diesel mechanic make?

Not sure about this shop but they can make good money. When I stopped working in the private sector/truck shop I was making $25 an hour plus about 20-25 hours of OT a paycheck and I could've worked more if I wanted to. That was 25 years ago, I took a huge paycut to come to work for the city(like half) but I needed benefits for my kid and at that time the city paid full benefits.

Like most industries if you're great and reliable you can pretty much write your own ticket. I still have friends working on trucks and they aren't hurting for money and they are always working, even at the peak of the downturn they were working.

ahhh memories......Single, making making good money, no ties, no stress, river trips, riding trips........sigh:bawl:

Back