• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front leaf hanger mount.... F'ed up

bails85

NAXJA Forum User
The nut on the hanger broke the spot welds when i was removing the leaf spring. I ended up cutting a hole in the bottom of the mount to get a wrench in there. I have the leafs and stuff back on and the jeep is rolling ut i dont feel comfortable with having a 1 1/2 hole in a piss thin mount. Is there anyway to fix this or do i have to fab a whole new one. The poly performance mounts arent in the budget right now so that isnt an option. What have others done?

First, I didn't cut the material all the way off. I made three cuts and folded back the flap to replace the nut, and tack a new one in place. Then, I folded the original material back in place and welded it up.

This repair has been "working" for at least five years. If you were to make a patch and weld it in place, I would think it would "work" just as well.

First, I didn't cut the material all the way off. I made three cuts and folded back the flap to replace the nut, and tack a new one in place. Then, I folded the original material back in place and welded it up.

This repair has been "working" for at least five years. If you were to make a patch and weld it in place, I would think it would "work" just as well.

X2.

I might have to open the mount more to get to the nut in order to tack it back in place. I appreciate the help.

Back